Turf toe is a sprain in the main joint on your big toe. If the big toe has been forcibly bent and hyperextended, injuries can cause turf toe syndrome. Think of going for a sprint, and just when you push off, your toe remains stuck on the ground.
What are the Symptoms of Turf Toe?
Turf toe does not heal well, and the longer you wait on the injury, the worse it gets. Here are a few indications that might tell if you have turf toe:
- The front of the foot is tender to touch.
- Inflammation and swelling of the front of your foot.
- Bruising around your toes.
- You won’t be able to bend the big toe.
- Dislocated toe joint resulting in extended injuries.
- You cannot place the weight of your body on the toes.
Turf toe is sometimes confused with sesamoiditis, so make sure you know the important differences to ensure you get the right treatment.
Causes of Turf Toe
If you play sports, participate in marathons, or like athletic activities in general, you can be susceptible to turf toe. It is caused by putting excessive pressure on the joint of the big toe. This can happen if you repeatedly suffer injuries while pushing off when running or jumping.
Turf toe becomes aggravated if you are not wearing proper exercise shoes. A quality workout shoe is equipped with a hard exoskeleton, which can protect you from a lot of injuries.
Here are a few examples of the kind of shoes that can help prevent turf toe.
Carbon fiber turf toe insoles will provide your toe with the required support. These insoles are available in EU and US measures. They work by reducing the pain you feel in the foot when working out or running for a very long time.
- The insoles are completely flat to keep the shape of your foot steady.
- Made in Japan, high-quality shoe.
- Thin material which fits perfectly fits, yet super durable.
- Less expensive than medical-grade insoles.
- Handmade and created with high-grade carbon fiber.
Physix Gear Full Length Orthotic Inserts
Put these turf toe inserts inside your sports shoes, hiking shoes, or sneakers to get solid support on your toes. Since these orthotic inserts are wide, they are not fit to be kept inside leather shoes or anything narrow.
The design protects the metatarsal arch, which helps you fight against foot disorders. These inserts build up your resistance against knee pain, pain in the ball of the foot, and plantar fasciitis.
- Made from high-quality EVA foam and PU material.
- It can be used for any physical activity.
- Great quality shock absorption helps to reduce muscle fatigue.
- Anti-slipping design keeps you stable while working out.
Carboplast Thermoplastic Rigid Carbon Fiber Contoured Plate
These contoured turf toe plates will allow you to stay safe and secure from various ailments. They are perfect for turf toe, and even after you have experienced an injury, the soles can protect your feet from hurting. The best thing about this product is that, because the foot motion is limited by grinding, you’ll avoid a lot of pain.
- The thermoplastic material fits the shoes perfectly.
- Sizes available for both men and women’s shoes.
- The contoured plate helps keep away many kinds of foot injuries.
- Limits foot bending.
Adidas Women’s Cloudfoam Pure Running Shoe
These shoes are created from quality rubber and contour the outline of your foot perfectly. They are designed with an inbuilt toe spring, which will help withstand the trauma of the jump or push.
It doesn’t hurt that these running shoes are really cool-looking!
- Made from 100% textile.
- Designed especially for women.
- If you exercise regularly, this shoe will help protect you from injury.
- The support comes from memory cloudfoam.
- Contours the foot outline perfectly.
ASICS Women’s Gel-Kahana 8 Trail Runner
These shoes for turf toe provide an excellent bounce-back feature. The gel cushioning in the sole contains a shock-absorbing technology to improve your posture and stance. They are made from 100% synthetic material.
- They are imported and extremely quality-controlled.
- The midsole has a double density to support the arch of your foot.
- The sole is not heavy, so the shoe is also quite light.
- Even at this weight, it keeps the structural integrity of the shoe completely intact.
- Supports the strain from uphill and downhill activities in any kind of terrain.
Vionic Women’s Tide II Toe Post Sandal
The Vionic is made from high-quality synthetic leather. The sandals may look simple, but they come in a classic black color, which will match any of your outfits. The midsole is made from EVA and the outsole is built from thermoplastic rubber to give you extra comfort and support. There is double suede leather keeping the sole from bending.
- The sandal is perfect for heel pain.
- The thong sandal style is extremely easygoing and can be worn and taken off easily.
- The shoes are handmade and contain a lining made of quality fabric.
- Designed by professional podiatrists.
- The orthotic footbed has extremely deep heel support for the cup of your foot.
Turf Toe: Not That Cool But Manageable
We hope some of these ideas will help you deal with the pain of turf toe. Tell all your friends you got it tearing up the sports field, because why not?