As an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
It’s easy to forget the important role that your feet play in your day-to-day life. Whether you’re walking to work, running to the gym, or simply getting out of bed in the middle of the night for a glass of water from the kitchen, you rely on your feet to get you there. When you’re suffering from excruciating foot pain, that’s when you become aware of just how much you take them for granted.
Plantar fasciitis pain not only puts a damper on the things you love to do but also on the things you need to do – like your job, especially if you need to be on your feet for long periods. With that said, the quality and fit of your socks are just as important as that of your shoes.
Socks designed for foot pain act as an extra layer of muscle to enhance pressure on stretched vein-walls and fight the force of gravity to promote blood circulation back to the heart. They’ve proven to help treat heel spurs and Achilles tendonitis pain, reduce swelling and relieve leg and foot pain.
Without further ado, here are the best socks for foot pain.
Best Special Socks for Foot Pain
If you’ve ascertained that the foot pain you’re suffering from is, in fact, plantar fasciitis, then you’ll need to toss out your conventional socks and replace them with special socks for foot pain. Okay, you can still keep them, but if you intend to keep wearing them, you’ll need to make sure that you wear compression socks underneath.
The SB SOX Compression Foot Sleeves are great for getting your feet back to feeling good again. They provide the pressure necessary to boost blood circulation, the support required to ease arch pain, and lasting relief for conditions like plantar fasciitis, morning foot pain, and edema when blood pools in your feet.
If the idea of wearing compression socks all day and night doesn’t sound too appealing, rest assured that they are not like regular socks. They are made from form-fitting material that’s so lightweight you’ll hardly remember that you have them on in the first place – which is great for people who spend a lot of time on their feet.
The breathable, anti-static, and anti-odor material works like a charm to stop the growth of bacteria and fungi dead in their tracks while absorbing moisture to keep your feet dry all day. They come in four different sizes and are designed for daily wear under any socks, with shoes, boots, slippers, and sandals.
- Made from lightweight, breathable material
- Backed by a 100% money-back guarantee
- Available in four sizes and nine different colors
- Designed to treat people with plantar fasciitis, heel spurs, and swollen feet
- Improve blood circulation and performance
- Increase support for arches even without shoes on
- Shorten recovery time
- Reduce injury, muscle fatigue, and swelling
- Multi-functional designed for pregnancy/maternity, walking, jogging, running, yoga, and professionals like healthcare workers, teachers, and chefs who spend many hours on their feet
- First-time users may find them restrictive in the first few days of wear
Best Senior Socks for Foot Pain
Advancing in age often brings with it a host of health issues, the most common being chronic pain in the joints and muscles.
This pain is quite debilitating for seniors and greatly reduces their mobility and independence. This also increases their risk of falling and sustaining life-threatening injuries. So, a great pair of non-slip senior socks for foot pain is an essential part of an older person’s wardrobe.
The RATIVE Anti-Slip Non-Skid Slipper Socks with grips were designed for just this purpose. Unlike regular socks, they are fuzzier and have a gripping rubber sole to keep their feet warm, enhance balance, and prevent falling when walking around the house or along the hospital corridors.
They are made from Terylene and Spandex material, which makes them highly breathable, durable, and quick-drying. They also provide excellent arch support, which is a plus for older individuals who suffer from foot pain.
Moreover, these socks can be a very thoughtful gift for yourself or someone you know is preparing for a maternity stay at a hospital, or regularly does yoga or Pilates. The super grips at the bottom will help prevent you from losing balance or falling.
- Made from Terylene (97%) and Spandex (3%)
- Has super grips on the sole
- Knitted fabric is machine-wash safe
- Available in five sizes (S, M, L, XL, XXL)
- Keeps feet warm and enhances balance
- Made from high-quality, durable, knitted and breathable fabric
- Very effective in fall prevention
- Provides arch support which relieves foot pain
- Only available in neutral colors – black, white and blue
Best Padded Socks for Foot Pain
Padded socks are the little-known ingredient for maximum foot comfort, particularly among people who suffer from sensitive feet, poor circulation, diabetes, Morton’s neuroma, or any other kind of neuropathic pain. The OrthoSleeve WC4 Wellness Socks have been designed with just these individuals in mind.
This range of padded socks for foot pain is made from nano-bamboo charcoal, making them soft and lightweight for people with diabetes and people with foot sensitivity alike. It is soft and durable while still providing the fitting support required for relief among people with various kinds of neuropathic foot disorders.
Want to hear something brilliant? Each sock is specifically designed for the right and left foot, respectively, to provide the perfect fit and proper toe placement. This ensures that the built-in contoured padding is positioned precisely in high-pressure points where your foot needs it the most.
The extra padding in the heel and toes works brilliantly to keep pain and friction at bay. It also offers light gradient compression, which comes in handy for people with neuropathy (numbness) and excess swelling brought about by edema.
The sock fabric is made from 100% breathable material that wicks away moisture from the feet and is infused with silver ions, which work to keep the feet feeling fresh and dry all day. They are the perfect footwear accessory for the added stability required to help keep your feet healthy and moving for longer.
- Left and right foot design for the perfect fit
- Offers midfoot and arch support
- Has contoured padding
- Provides light gradient compression
- Available in five sizes (S, M, L, XL, XXL)
- Made from soft lightweight nano bamboo charcoal material making it perfect for diabetics and people with foot pain, sensitivity, and neuropathy
- Promotes blood circulation to reduce the symptoms of edema
- The shaped-to-fit design provides non-binding comfort and extra padding for the areas that need it the most
- Provides stability and arch support
- Limited color options
Happy Feet Are Pain-Free Feet
To find a lasting solution to your foot pain problem, you need to accurately diagnose where it stems from. Otherwise, you’ll simply be treating the symptoms and not the cause of the pain itself. So, if the at-home treatments you’ve tried so far aren’t doing much to eradicate the pain, consult with a healthcare professional to identify and treat the underlying cause.
Nonetheless, the most common forms of foot pain can be relieved through not overworking your feet and wearing comfortable footwear, which also includes wearing the right socks! Pain relief, comfort, and style are what you should be looking for in socks designed for foot pain.